Monday 30 December 2013

Found the Font!

Well, heres something. The amp has got a big gap on the front where a logo needs to go. I have always wanted simply to use "Ampmaker" as the logo, but couldnt find a font I liked. Something like the Marshall logo would be good, but I realise that the Marshall logo is a logo per se and not an actual font.

A Google search for "Marshall amp logo font" throws up all sorts of stuff, but none of them so far have been quite what I have been looking for.

And then this appears:

http://www.aringtypeface.com/amplify/

Have a look - its seriously cool. And free for personal use; commercial use needs payment (which is only fair). "Amplify" is listed in the "New" fonts category. Some of the Authors other fonts are very neat as well.

Anyway, "Ampmaker" in the Amplify font looks like this:



So I think I'll go an see my local sign making company about getting something made up. Hats off to Måns Grebäck, the author. A superb job producing this font! 

A quick and dirty mock-up using just a bit of paper and card looks like this:



Pic is a bit blurry I know.




Anyway, quite pleased with that for now. I think it works well, but if anyone has any constructive criticism, let me know!

Cheers!

James



No comments:

Post a Comment